Since it is Earth Day this Saturday, April 22, we want to share some ideas about things to do with your Lava® lamp to help the environment.
- Reuse your Lava® lamp box and packing materials.
- Recycle your Lava® lamp box and packing materials if you have no other use for them.
- Stop using plastic grocery bags – get reusable shopping bags like our new Lava® lamp tote.
- Turn off your Lava® lamps when you’re not in the room. It saves electricity and helps your lamp, too; leaving the lamps on for too long can make the wax too hot.
- Use a timer – plug your Lava® lamp into a timer and set it to run for up to 8 hours. This is the ideal running time for the Lava® lamp and saves energy.
- Plug your Lava® lamp into a power strip, which can be easier to reach and turn off.
- Unplug your Lava® lamp when not in use, if plugged directly into the wall. Standby power can account for 10% of an average household’s annual electricity use. Unplug all of your unused electronics and save up to $50 a year.
- Use battery-powered Lava® products instead of plug-ins for some activities. Don’t forget to properly dispose of the old batteries.
And of course, be sure to get outside and enjoy some fresh air on Earth Day!